Saturday, October 16, 2010

Who Would Win?

The Question Mark vs. The Exclamation Point

QUESTION MARK:

What can you say about a symbol that always needs to yell to get its point across? What kind of vacuous content is exclamation point making with its unwavering vehemence? Why can't it simply relax? What are the issues that drive this punctuation bully? What is it overcompensating for? Doesn't it have the least bit of curiosity? Doesn't it have an iota of wonder in the wide world? Does it merely shout to drown out the painful voices in its blood-rushed head? And have I not made my point? Or should I say "mark"?

EXCLAMATION POINT:
Shut up! Stupid curvy wuss! Oh, look at me and my inquisitive curious soul! UP YOURS! Hey, we don't need your help capitalization! I can just double up for extra EMPHASIS!! See, I yelled that line!!! And that one even louder! What's a question mark going to do, double up on itself for extra inquiry emphasis?? Look how dumb that looks! Point made! And watch your ass, comma! You're next!

FURTHER DEBATE:

Italics vs. Underline
The colon vs. Semi-colon
& vs. 'n'



No comments:

Post a Comment